Tuesday, June 15, 2010

In Retrospect of My First College Student Week

One cannot begin to define the phrase "college student" until they are able to fully experience it. It is a full time job that requires commitment, dedication, and balance, for you cannot have too much work and no fun nor too much fun and no work. I was able to experience these truths first hand during my first hand during my first full week of college. I am in History 1120 with Mr. Mike Sherer. He is an awesome teacher! he explains in detail the events and occurrences that he finds pertinent to our education and gives us an outline that shows in what order his lecture will go. I love this class and would recommend it to anyone who is interested in history and would like a great professor to study under. My College 101 class has helped me substantially. I am by nature an unorganized person, and this class has given me structure and helped me to objectify my goals and quantify a time frame for accomplishing my goals. The service learning project that we are required to fulfill is still in its rudimentary stages, and will be further elaborated upon in the coming weeks. My RTA and study group leader is a prime example of self-controlled assertiveness, motherly redirection and exceptional intelligence. Caitlin Shelley is a future teacher to be who has the patience and fortitude to redirect the most rambunctious of students (me :D). I have learned more from her silence than from words that I have heard spoken from others. The campus life that I have participated in has been an eye-opening experience that I will cherish for the rest of my life. From working out with the guys to lunch with the "Squad" I am always entertained and am able to learn more about my peers. It is apparent to me that in all earnestness that we are not learning individually, but as one unit and that is seen though the way we learn from each other. As we continue on this journey together, I hope that you all enjoy the journey as much, if not more than the destination. This is Garyth Barnes over and out.

1 comment:

  1. Wassup GANG! hope you enjoi the heartfelt sentiments :) criticism is welcome.

    ReplyDelete